To import Toyota Supra from Japan is now easy than before, and in this article you shall see steps that are involved. The importation process takes a while and involves various government agencies. It is, therefore, important to understand some of the requirements that these agencies want before you import your Toyota Supra.
The following steps will help you know how to import a Japanese car like Toyota Supra.
Carry out a research
It is important to conduct research on some factors. The following questions will guide you:
- Is the car eligible to enter my country?
- How many import options do I have, and which ones can I apply under?
- Are there any costs such as storage costs, shipping costs, permit application, delivery, taxes and other related costs?
- What is the period between receiving the license and other important arrangements?
- Do I need any documentation and if so, then which ones do I need?
- What are some of the requirements from each government agency?
- Is using a broker necessary?
- Is there a need to make amendments to meet the importation standards?
- What are some of the associated risks that accompany vehicle transportation?
Ensure that you apply for a vehicle import approval
The best course to take is to choose a number of options you can apply under, and decide the best choice that you need. Next, you would want to read and understand all the materials. After that, go to the internet on Auto Project car import website nd fill n an application.
Ensure that you have all the essential details and necessary attachments. Submit your request with all the attachments to the correct department. Login to your email and check if there are any issues with your application, or if it is approved.
Receive a vehicle import approval
In your mail, you will receive a hard copy of the car import approval. You should know that the vehicle approval may come with certain conditions for car use.
Arrange shipping of vehicle
Before you import Toyota Supra, make sure your Toyota Supra is cleaned by steam, both on the inside and on the outside, to get rid of elements that may cause risk to the car. If you buy your car from a Japanese car auction, it definitely must be cleaned.
Additionally, make sure that the air-conditioning gas is intact, and if it is in excess, it should be removed. Also, ensure that all the export conditions and requirements have been followed.
Get customs clearance
Before you pay for customs, ensure that you lodge an import declaration. Next, pay the “Pay Goods & Services Tax”. If you are requested to pay for the “Pay Luxury Car Tax”, then go ahead and pay. However, it is not a requirement. It is also important to meet quarantine requirements and arrange inspection appointment.
Meet import approval
If you want any changes to your car, make arrangement for modification early enough. Do testing and create evidence of compliance. Finally, apply for plate number and register your car.
If you want to learn more on how to import Toyota Supra, the best website to check out is http://autoproject.com.au/import-cars/models/toyota-supra/.